6.18.2008

Five minutes to tea

It's another five to 3.15 pm on a lazy Wednesday afternoon (Boss not around until next Monday). Warm shawls are proudly displayed on shoulder and around the neck of others while I silently missed my legendary gray sweater. My numb fingers coiled around the kitty cup full of warm strawberry & raspberry tea, desperate for warmth. Thank you "Mr. New Water Dispenser". It just arrived today. This pink cuppa was truly a brew from heaven, I dare say. It's not as sarcastic as it sounds when you've just moved into a new office floor with the room temperature less than 15 Degree Celsius. Its sweet scent was a total bliss, the warmth, well, cozy enough to make my eyelids fall. As I sipped, I reminded myself again that my days here are numbered. Lips curved into a smile as cold fingers reached for the packet of raisin cookies.

Yes, it's very tranquil indeed…



No comments: